Wednesday 11 May 2016

Library's Closing

Well I don't know how I missed 4 yoghurt's in the fridge about to expire today i wasnt going to bin them so I emptied them into a Tupperware and popped them in the freezer ill use them in smoothies and shakes..strawberry and cranberry, and black cherry..waste not want not..


I was reading our local newspaper online and was saddened to read that the council are planning to close approximately 240 libraries up North due to council cuts, one of them is in a new state of the art college that cost 10 million to build and only been open 2 years..Bloody madness.. for want of a better word, pissed me right off!!

There are a total of seven library's in my area alone that are closing, what about the people that rely on these services, the elderly, parents and children, community groups, the old chap that goes to read his newspaper in piece every day the decent folk who use the computers as the can't afford their own, the people who do actually read and look forward to checking out new books every week, not to mention all the workers who will be out of jobs..I honestly feel left confused by this news, what are things coming too.

Hells teeth

Another story was apparently one million people have decade old food in their freezers! My freezer gets checked every week and drawers wiped down regularly a decade old? Chuffin eck not in this house! my mother says 'you lot are bloody gannets in that house' lol we're not we just like our food.

ha ha ha

working this morning then i have a list of things i need to do .. (ooh i do love a list)
- finish the ironing
-walk the dog
- cut the hedge out front
- hoover the draping cobweb off the ceiling that i noticed last week ..huck hum
- tidy spare room for parents arrival - thank the lord i have 2 weeks its full of things ive been clearing out for charity and the tip! my mother would literally die if she saw it id get a clip around the ear, apparently not too old for one of those either at 36 

ha ha ha

Catch you all soon
Sammie xx

3 comments:

  1. Having spent all my working life in libraries the ever increasing closure of libraries, very often in areas already classed as disadvantaged, saddens me. I know that people are not going to die if they cannot read the latest best-seller but as you say libraries offer so much more to their communities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi caslass,they really do offer allot and it is sad. Thanks for the comment.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm really sorry to hear that you are losing some of your libraries. You say you are losing 7 in your area, how big is your area? I live in a city of 1,231,000 people and we have 18 libraries-that's one library for just over 68,000 people! I'm one of those bad people that doesn't use the library, I buy books-most second hand and then pass them on, but I do know people that do use the library and I've never heard complaints that we don't have enough libraries.
    Hope you get all your jobs done before your parents arrive!

    ReplyDelete

I would be thrilled if you leave a comment

Hello all I thought I was run down due to worrying about my dad being taken Ill, I felt like I had a bad cold and chesty cough, I struggled...